Vehicle Insurance Coverages

Personal vehicle insurance provides coverage for liability and physical damage, along with uninsured and underinsured motorist and medical or no-fault coverage (depending on your state laws) for you and your family members, should you experience a covered loss.

Vehicle insurance coverage has several components and Farm Bureau makes it simple to select the coverage, deductibles and limits that work for you:

Bodily injury liability protects you if someone is injured or dies as a result of an accident involving your vehicle. If you are at fault in an accident, this coverage can help cover resulting lawsuits and help offset the financial effects on your future.

Property damage liability covers damage to the property of others caused by your car. You will want a limit high enough to cover any potential damage for which you may be responsible.

Collision coverage pays for damage to your car resulting from an accident. Selecting a higher deductible (the amount of a claim you pay out-of-pocket) can help keep your premium low. If you have an older car with a lower monetary value, you may consider not carrying collision coverage.

Comprehensive physical damage coverage pays for damage to your personal vehicle due to causes other than collision, such as fire, theft, wind, hail, vandalism, larceny, explosion, animal collision, falling objects, and riot or civil commotion. Again, selecting the highest deductible you are comfortable paying out-of-pocket can help keep your premium cost down.

Replacement cost coverage is available for an additional premium on cars less than three years old. In the event of a total loss, the damaged car will be replaced with a new vehicle of the same or similar model.

Medical or no-fault coverage varies by state. See your agent for details.

Uninsured and underinsured coverage protects you from bodily injury caused by other drivers without adequate auto insurance. Passengers in your insured car are covered, and most household members are covered as pedestrians.

Auto death indemnity coverage pays the amount you select when your death, or that of another covered insured, is caused directly by an accident while occupying or being struck by a land motor vehicle or trailer. Auto disability income coverage is available with auto death indemnity coverage (except in Minnesota, Utah and Kansas) and pays benefits for total disability caused directly by an accident while occupying, or being struck by a land motor vehicle or trailer.

Added coverage with no added cost:

Farm Bureau vehicle insurance policies automatically include toppers, slide-in campers and/or trailers as extensions of the covered vehicle. If your vehicle is stolen, our policies cover transportation costs and coverage for clothes and luggage up to $200.

Optional coverages available at an additional cost:

Emergency Roadside Assistance protection covers towing expenses and mechanical labor to get your car back on the road if disabled.

Rental reimbursement pays for car rental or public transportation while your car is being repaired due to a covered loss. Motor home rental reimbursement coverage is also available.

Trailer personal effects coverage pays for damage or loss of your personal belongings in your travel trailer or camping trailer up to the limit you select.

We can help you select the coverage that makes sense for you ― contact a Farm Bureau agent today.


IMPORTANT: The information and material contained on this Web site is not an offer to sell or a solicitation to buy any security or any insurance product in any jurisdiction. No security or other insurance product is offered or will be sold in any jurisdiction in which such offer or solicitation purchase or sale would be unlawful under the securities, insurance or other laws of such jurisdiction. Not all products are available in all states. Exclusions, limitations and reductions may apply. This Web site briefly highlights Farm Bureau's insurance policies and their benefits. The contract is contained only in the policy. Farm Bureau products are offered by Farm Bureau agents -- for more information about any Farm Bureau product, please contact your local agent or nearest office using the Agent Locator.

Related Links

Securities & services offered through FBL Marketing Services, LLC+, 5400 University Ave., West Des Moines, IA 50266, 877/860-2904, Member SIPC.

Property-casualty insurance products are offered through Farm Bureau Property & Casualty Insurance Company+* and Western Agricultural Insurance Company+*/West Des Moines, IA and are intended for residents of AZ, IA, KS, MN, NE, NM, SD and UT.

Fixed life insurance and annuity products are offered through Farm Bureau Life Insurance Company+*/West Des Moines, IA and are intended for residents of AZ, IA, ID, KS, MN, MT, ND, NE, NM, OK, SD, UT, WI and WY.

Variable life insurance and annuity products are underwritten by an insurance company that is not affiliated with our companies.

Agent must be a registered representative of FBL Marketing Services, LLC to discuss mutual funds or variable products.

+Affiliates *Company providers of Farm Bureau Financial Services

Terms and Conditions
Using this site means you accept its terms.
Buy SSL Certificate
©2014 FBL Financial Group, Inc.