Life Insurance Claims
To receive proceeds from a life insurance or annuity policy, a claim must be filed. There are two ways to file a life insurance claim with Farm Bureau Financial Services:
As part of the filing process, you'll be asked for the some or all of the following documents; however, it is not necessary to have them ready when you call the claims center or meet with an agent:
- The policyholder's policy or contract number
- A certified death certificate
- A beneficiary statement for the state where you live
- Payment option election form (used only if "Payment Contract Option" is selected in the Beneficiary Statement)
- Trustee Certification form (used only if policy proceeds will be distributed to a Trust)
Your agent or claims representative will work with you to complete the last two forms if you choose not to complete them in advance.
Your Living Tradition account can be accessed online here.
You May Also Like
4 Financial Literacy Lessons for KidsMar 013 minute read
Should You Stay in a Hotel or Airbnb for Spring Break?Feb 291 minute read
What to Do When Your Term Life Insurance is ExpiringFeb 272 minute read
DIY vs. Professional: Which Home Projects Should You Do Yourself?Feb 232 minute read