Life Insurance Claims
To receive proceeds from a life insurance or annuity policy, a claim must be filed. There are two ways to file a life insurance claim with Farm Bureau Financial Services:
As part of the filing process, you'll be asked for the some or all of the following documents; however, it is not necessary to have them ready when you call the claims center or meet with an agent:
- The policyholder's policy or contract number
- A certified death certificate
- A beneficiary statement for the state where you live
- Payment option election form (used only if "Payment Contract Option" is selected in the Beneficiary Statement)
- Trustee Certification form (used only if policy proceeds will be distributed to a Trust)
Your agent or claims representative will work with you to complete the last two forms if you choose not to complete them in advance.
Your Living Tradition account can be accessed online here.
You May Also Like
How Life Insurance Can Help Maximize Your Social Security BenefitFeb 211 minute read
Do I Really Need a 20 Percent Down Payment on a Home?Feb 203 minute read
Schedule a SuperCheck to See Where You Can Save MoneyFeb 192 minute read
What You Need to Know in the Event of a TornadoFeb 163 minute read