Our Giving Priorities
Families and Communities
We contribute to local programs and initiatives aimed at helping residents grow and prosper.
Health and Wellness
We give back to organizations that protect and prepare our communities for an enduring future.
Youth and Education
To create opportunities for young people to develop character, a strong work ethic and exceptional leadership skills, we embrace organizations that prepare the next generation of innovators.
Applicants must represent a nonprofit, tax-exempt organization that has received 501(c)(3) status from the IRS.
Farm Bureau Financial Services does not accept sponsorship applications for the following:
- Organizations, projects or programs outside of our 15-state marketing territory.
- Political parties, campaigns, candidates or partisan organizations
- Sectarian or denominational religious groups
- Construction/renovation projects
- Dues or memberships
- Incomplete applications
Applications are reviewed on a quarterly basis by the Charitable Contributions Committee. Requests must be submitted by 5 p.m. (CT) March 16, June 8, September 14, and November 30 to be considered for the next quarter. All applicants will be notified by the Iowa Farm Bureau’s Community Resource Office in writing, please allow six weeks from deadline date.
Submission of application and supporting documentation
All applications must include the following for consideration:
- Completed application form
- Event budget and/or current financial statement that lists major revenue categories and major expense categories. If current figures are not available, a projection can be substituted
- A current copy of the requesting organization’s W-9 form
- List of the organization’s board with officers indicated
- Event brochure or invitation, flyersor other marketing materials
- For questions, contact Ronnette Vondrak, Manager Community Resources, at 1-515-225-5460.