Identity Services and Fraud Expense Coverage Questions
What does the coverage entail, and what exactly is “different” about it?
We understand that quick discovery and rapid response are critical to minimize the risk of identity theft. That’s why we provide more than just expense reimbursement. We provide the most robust and fully integrated protection program in the market place, combining the best of insurance coverage with fully integrated prevention and restoration services. Identity Services and Fraud Expense Coverage consists of the following program components:
- $25,000 FBFS Expense Reimbursement Coverage
- Identity Prevention Services, including complimentary fraud alert assistance, weekly news alerts and a wealth of education
- Identity Credit Monitoring Services(SM) (up to two per policy)
- Personalized one-on-one Identity Theft Resolution
- Personalized one-on-one Identity Document Recovery
What types of expenses are included in the expense reimbursement portion of the coverage?
You’ll receive up to $25,000 reimbursement for the following expenses:
- Attorney fees
- Loss of wages (limited to $250 per day up to $5000)
- Dependent/elder care (subject to loss of wages limit)
- Mail costs
- Phone/long distance costs
- Notarization costs
- Loan application fees
Does my policy qualify for this coverage?
If you have a Farm Bureau Member’s Choice policy with property and/or liability coverage, you may purchase the coverage for just $25 per year. If you have auto coverage only, your policy does not qualify at this time.
How much does the coverage cost?
The cost is $25 per year.
How can I get the coverage on my qualifying policy?
- Call your agent and they can add the coverage to your policy, or
- You can sign up online. If you decide to do this option, you will need to:
- Enter your username and password to gain access to the secured policy owner section of the website (called My Account Page).
- Click on your Member's Choice policy and an "Add Identity Services" link will appear on the left side of the page.
- Click on the “Add Identity Services” link and you’ll go to a page that provides more details about the coverage if you want to learn more about it. On the right side of that page is a list of your qualifying policy(s). Simply click on the policy number on which you’d like to add the coverage. You’ll be asked to confirm your request. If you click “Yes,” the coverage will be added.
- It can take up to two business days for the coverage to appear on your policy. At that time, you will be mailed an updated declaration page reflecting the addition of the coverage on your policy.
I don’t have a username and password on FBFS.com. How do I register for account access?
- Click here to register for a FBFS.com account.
- Complete the form and establish your user ID and password. Make sure you use information for the owner / first named insured when filling out the form.
- Wait for an e-mail with a 4-digit activation code. You should receive the code via e-mail within a couple minutes.
- Enter your 4-digit activation code. This will allow you to view your policy(s).
- At that point, if you have a qualifying policy, the option to purchase or learn more about the coverage will appear on the left side of the page.
Note: If you have difficulty signing up for Identity Services and Fraud Expense Coverage, please call Farm Bureau Financial Services’ online support center at 1-800-814-5570.
Credit Monitoring Service Questions
How does the Credit Monitoring work?
With your current Identity Services and Fraud Expense Coverage, you are entitled to receive complimentary credit monitoring provided through CyberScout™. Should you discover any fraudulent activity on your credit file, a fraud specialist is on stand-by to resolve any issues. The monitoring program looks for credit score inquiries, requests for new credit, and other activity affecting your credit files, notifying you immediately via e-mail of any changes. Detect fraudulent activity as soon as it appears, and then counteract it with professional assistance.
Note: You cannot sign up for credit monitoring until the coverage has been added to your policy. If you request the coverage online, it may take two business days before the coverage is added. At that time, you will be eligible to sign up for complimentary credit monitoring.
How can I get credit monitoring?
You must go to www.FBFS.com to sign up for complimentary credit monitoring.
I signed up for Identity Services and Fraud Expense Coverage on FBFS.com. Where is the link to get my complimentary credit monitoring?
If you signed up for the coverage online, it may take up to two business days for the coverage to be added to your policy. At that time, you will find a link “Add Credit Monitoring” next to your eligible policy(s) on the My Account Page. (You’ll find that page after you’ve logged in to FBFS.com with your username and password). If you have difficulty with that step, please call Farm Bureau Financial Services’ online support center at 1-800-814-5570.
How do I sign up for Credit Monitoring on the website?
Once you have the Identity Theft Services and Fraud Expense Coverage on your Farm Bureau Member’s Choice policy, you will receive instructions with your updated declaration page that explains how to get started. The first step is to register an account on www.FBFS.com.
To register an account on www.FBFS.com
- Click here to register for a FBFS.com account.
- That will take you to your “My Account” page.
- From your “My Account” page, click on your policy number.
- Click the link on the left side of the page that says, “Add Credit Monitoring.”
- Confirm your e-mail address and the names of the individuals you would like to enroll (maximum of two per policy), then submit your request.
To activate the credit monitoring service
If the date of your request is on or after the policy renewal date printed on your policy, within 24 hours, you will receive an e-mail from CyberScout™ containing your personal credit monitoring code(s) and an activation link to the enrollment website, where you will enter your code. If the date is before the policy renewal date, you will not receive the e-mail with your credit monitoring code(s) until the policy renewal date shown on your policy. Each person will need to enroll separately, using a unique code. Once you’ve completed the verification process, your credit monitoring will be activated.
Note: If you have difficulty signing up for your credit monitoring service, please call Farm Bureau Financial Services’ online support center at 1-800-814-5570.
I have already registered for account access. How do I sign up for credit monitoring on the Web site?
- Log into the site using your username and password
- Click on your Member's Choice policy
- Click on the "Add Credit Monitoring" link on the left side of the page.
- Choose how many credit monitoring codes you desire (limit two per policy). If you would like two credit monitoring codes, you must sign up for both at the same time.
- Choose the name of the person(s) you would like to receive the monitoring service, then click “Submit.”
- An e-mail will be generated in about 24 hours from CyberScout. It will contain your credit monitoring activation code, along with instructions to sign up.
- Follow the step-by-step instructions, entering the credit monitoring code, along with additional information, in the CyberScout website.
Note: One e-mail will be generated per code. If two people per policy wish to receive credit monitoring, they will each receive a separate e-mail with their own code. If you have difficulty signing up for your credit monitoring service, please call the Farm Bureau Financial Services’ online support center at 1-800-814-5570.
I didn’t receive an e-mail containing my activation code within 24 hours. Who do I call?
If the date of your request is on or after the policy renewal date printed on your policy, within 24 hours, you will receive an e-mail from CyberScout containing your personal credit monitoring code(s) and an activation link to the enrollment website, where you will enter your code. It is possible the SPAM blocker on your personal computer will re-route or block the email. You should check your SPAM folder to see if the email was re-routed there. If not, it’s possible the email was returned to the original sender, CyberScout. Contact the Farm Bureau Financial Services' Farm Bureau Financial Services’ online support center at 1-800-814-5570 to get help retrieving the information.
I want to sign someone else up for credit monitoring. Where did the link go?
To sign up another person, contact Farm Bureau Financial Services’ online support center at 1-800-814-5570.
I don’t have e-mail. How can I sign up for the credit monitoring service?
Unfortunately, if you don’t have an e-mail account, you cannot receive the credit monitoring service portion of the Identity Services and Fraud Expense Coverage. The only mechanism CyberScout (the company that monitors your credit report) uses is e-mail. CyberScout will send e-mails to notify you of any activity on your credit report. If you don’t have an e-mail account, you will not receive notification and the service would not be beneficial to you.
Who should I call with general questions about identity fraud?
You can call your Farm Bureau agent or the Farm Bureau Financial Services' Customer Service Center at 1-866-399-FBFS or 1-785-587-6011.
Who should I call with questions about my coverage under the Identity Services and Fraud Expense Coverage?
You should call your Farm Bureau agent or the Farm Bureau Financial Services' Customer Service Center at 1-866-399-FBFS or 1-785-587-6011.
I’d like to learn more about identity theft, in general. Where can I look?
You can find articles and tips on avoiding identity theft in the Learning Center.
How does Identity Services and Fraud Expense Coverage work?
Identity Services and Fraud Expense Coverage is a comprehensive, 3-tier protection program designed to assist you:
- Credit Monitoring service, free fraud alert & other early defense/prevention methods
- Comprehensive insurance coverage
- Fully customized expert resolution until your good reputation is restored
Is Identity Services and Fraud Expense Coverage a new coverage?
The coverage became available to our customers in November of 2007. It not only provides expense reimbursement but should you need it, it also addresses the repair of the damage done to your good name. Additionally, it provides a wealth of preventative services and measures that help you to lower your risk of exposure.
Who is the Restoration service provider?
We partnered with CyberScout, the industry’s leading provider of identity fraud management services to provide one-on-one expert resolution assistance to our policyholders caught in a wide range of identity compromising situations, not only to identity theft victims. A highly experienced fraud specialist becomes the personal advocate for you, cutting through the red tape and handling all of the work on your behalf. Through our partnership with CyberScout our valued policyholders have access to fully personalized fraud assistance without having to file a claim. The Restoration services are an integral part of the Identity Services and Fraud Expense Coverage and each and every policyholder is ensured a seamless transfer. Simply call Farm Bureau Financial Services' Customer Service Center at 1-866-399-FBFS or 1-785-587-6011 to be transferred to a fraud specialist from CyberScout.
Who is CyberScout?
With a current enrollment of between 11 and 12 million households in its comprehensive identity management programs, CyberScout is the industry leader in identity theft management, providing innovative enterprise-level fraud solutions and consumer education to its partners – many of America’s largest insurance carriers and corporate benefits providers, along with a range of financial institutions, colleges and universities. CyberScout was founded by seasoned executives with backgrounds in credit and financial services, law enforcement and consumer advocacy. Their executive and management team combines bricks-and-mortar business experience with state-of-the art technological expertise, a strong emphasis on consumer rights and customer service, and a deep rooted commitment to the public good.