November 11, 2020 (West Des Moines, IA) – Today, Farm Bureau Financial Services employees recognized 13 veteran colleagues for their military service, presenting them with handcrafted quilts during a virtual event.
The quilts are part of the Quilts of Valor Foundation’s mission, which is to cover service members and veterans touched by war with comforting and healing quilts.
The handmade quilts were made by fellow employees and presented to the following veterans in five states.
- Todd Kessler, Army, Peoria, AZ
- Roger Robnson, Navy, Ames, IA
- Kent Cole, Navy, Des Moines, IA
- Brandon Eckardt, Marines, Des Moines, IA
- Jeff Gray, Navy, Des Moines, IA
- Nick Moore, Army, West Des Moines, IA
- James Puffett, Marines, West Des Moines, IA
- Joseph Milani, Navy, West Des Moines, IA
- Matthew Heit, Navy, Waukee, IA
- Sarah Coleman, Army, Manhattan, KS
- John Savoie, National Guard, Chaska, MN
- Jake Bruss, National Guard, Humboldt, NE
- Ken Henry, Marines, Wood River, NE
“We honor and appreciate our veteran employees for their sacrifice and dedication,” said CEO Dan Pitcher. “We know our freedom comes at the cost of the dedication of the men and women who have put their lives on the line for us. These quilts are a reminder that your service and sacrifices haven’t gone unnoticed.”
Since 2016, Farm Bureau Financial Services has awarded 78 quilts to veteran employees. To learn more about the Quilts of Valor Foundation, visit www.qovf.org.