West Des Moines, IA – September 13, 2013 – Farm Bureau Financial Services affiliate, Farm Bureau Property & Casualty Insurance Company, is listed on Insurance Journal’s 2013 Super Regional Property/Casualty Insurers™ list. A Super Regional Property/Casualty Insurer™ is an individual company writing multiple lines of insurance in multiple states. The list is based on direct written premium as of December 31, 2012.
Demotech, Inc., Insurance Journal’s research partner, analyzed year-end 2012 data to rank insurers reporting figures to the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC). Qualifying criteria and thresholds were used to select companies for the Super Regional Property/Casualty Insurer™ list. Each company met the following criteria:
• Active, individual companies not under regulatory supervision at Dec. 31, 2012
• Reporting data using the property/casualty annual statement format
• At least $1 million of direct premium written (DPW) in each of two to 34 states at Dec. 31, 2012.
• Less than 90 percent of Dec. 31, 2012 DPW in any one state
• Less than 90 percent of Dec. 31, 2012 DPW in any one line of business
• Policyholder surplus of at least $100 million at Dec. 31, 2012
• Net premium written of at least $50 million at Dec. 31, 2012
• DPW of at least $25 million at Dec. 31, 2012
"We’re pleased to be recognized as one of Insurance Journal’s Super Regional insurers,” says Dan Pitcher, Chief Operating Officer of Farm Bureau Financial Services’ property casualty companies. “It’s another acknowledgement that our companies are strong, stable and focused on making it simple for our client/members to protect what matters most to them.”