Your No-Rain Check
Pasture, Rangeland and Forage (PRF) is a federal crop insurance program that insures against a lack of rainfall for your grazing or haying acres and provides protection from increased feed costs due to forage losses. Unlike other Multi-Peril Crop Insurance (MPCI) programs, lack of precipitation is the only covered cause of loss. Also, unlike other MPCI programs, you can choose which acres to insure.
Other coverage benefits include:
- Timeline based on individual operation risk
- Customizable coverage level and productivity factor
- No premium up front
- Timely loss payments at the conclusion of each index interval
- Part of the USDA subsidized federal crop insurance program
- Area based– not measured by individual operation rainfall
- Notice of loss automatically filed based on insured area
The deadline to sign-up for this program is November 15. Reach out to your Farm Bureau agent for more information and to get signed up.
1 No. 1 ag insurer across our 8-state territory; 2018 SNL P&C Group – Farm Bureau Property & Casualty Insurance Company and Western Agricultural Insurance Company direct written premium.
2 2016 Conning, Inc. This brochure shows illustrations only. Multiple peril, crop-hail, and specialty crop insurance offered through Rain and Hail, a Chubb Company, Johnston, Iowa.