To receive proceeds from a life insurance or annuity policy, a claim must be filed. There are two ways to file a life insurance claim with Farm Bureau Financial Services:
- Contact your agent
- Call our claims center toll-free at 1-800-247-4170
As part of the filing process, you'll be asked for some or all of the following documents; however, it is not necessary to have them ready when you call the claims center or meet with an agent:
- The policyholder's policy or contract number
- A certified death certificate
- A beneficiary statement for the state where you live
- Beneficiary Statement for residents of NM
- Beneficiary Statement for residents of AR, FL, KS, LA, MD, MN, NC, ND, NV, or Ny
- Beneficiary Statement for residents of all other states
- Payment option election form (used only if "Payment Contract Option" is selected in the Beneficiary Statement)
- Trustee Certification form (used only if policy proceeds will be distributed to a Trust)
Your agent or claims representative will work with you to complete the last two forms if you choose not to complete them in advance.
Your Living Tradition account can be accessed online here.